Halloween drive-through events in Wisconsin
With the coronavirus pandemic still ongoing, several Halloween events are adapting by switching to a drive-through format. Experience Halloween light displays, trick-or-treating, fall colors and scares all from the comfort of your car. This list will be updated as new events emerge.
Boo at the Zoo Drive-Thru
- Milwaukee County Zoo
- Thursday, October 22 through Sunday, October 25 from 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- $55/General Admission | $50/Zoo Pass Members
- A 1.5 mile adventure through Halloween-themed areas, carved pumpkins and illuminated light shows.
Chippewa Falls Main Street drive-through trick-or-treating
- Northern Wisconsin State Fairgrounds
- Friday, October 30 from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Dress up and stay in your car - goodie bags will be handed through the car window for every child that is dressed up.
Drive-Thru Ghoulees in the Coulees
- Norskedalen Nature & Heritage Center
- October 29-31 from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Family-friendly on Thursday, October 29 and "less than family-friendly" on Friday, October 30 & Saturday, October 31
Drive Thru Trick-or-Treat!
- Dominion of Terror & RCS' parking lots - Sheboygan
- October 24 from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- $2 per child
- Drive thru the parking lots to different Candy Stations where friendly characters will guide you along the path.
East Ridge Lights
- Green Bay
- October 11, 16-18, 23-25, 28-31 from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Drive up Halloween light display! Tune your car radio to 88.7 and enjoy the synchronized music and lights. Show is about 30 minutes long before looping back through to the first song again.
Elkhart Lake Trick or Treat Drive Thru
- Elkhart Lake
- October 31 from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Costumed kids and their families can drive through the fire department for bags of candy and fun learning activities.
Fox Valley Lights
- October 1-31 from 6:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Halloween light show with thousands of computer controlled LED lights, synchronized to music (88.5 FM). Songs can be requested on their website.
Grayson's Holiday Light Show
- Mount Pleassnt
- October 2-31 from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Listen to 99.7FM while watching a synchronized light display from the comfort of your vehicle.
- Racine Zoo
- October 7-11, 14-18, 21-25, 28-31 and November 1 from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- $5 per person | Free for children 2 and younger
- An all ages Halloween light display
- October 10-31; November 1 starting at 7 p.m. nightly
- Free - accepts cash donations and/or food donations for the Waupaca area food pantry
- A 600 ft long haunted yard with scenes and live characters that can be viewed from the comfort of your vehicle.
Haunted Tunnel of Terror
- Mr D Car Wash in Hartford
- October 16-17, 23-24, 30-31 from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- $10 per vehicle gets you our $15 Wash and all profits will be donated to Volunteers for a Beautiful Hartford
- The nights will be full of monsters, haunted scenes, and frightening effects. Parental guidance is advised.
- October 2-31 from 6:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- A synchronized light display featuring Halloween themed songs you can hear on your car radio.
Old World Wisconsin's Fall Family Fun Drive
- Old World Wisconsin in Eagle
- October 10, 11, 17 & 18 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- $20 per vehicle | Optional Fall Flavor Samplers: $20
- While guests will remain in their vehicles for the majority of the tour, there will be select opportunities to hop out for some Instagram-able photo stops in our favorite locations.
- Advance registration and payment required.
Pettibone Haunted Mile
- Pettibone Park in La Crosse
- October 24 from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Free | non-perishable food donation requested
- La Crosse Parks and Recreation and Onalaska Jaycees have teamed up to bring a night of fright. "Light scares" for the 1st two hours. Pre-bagged candy will be handed out at the end of the Haunted Mile to each car as they leave.
Riverwalk Senior Living and Hometown Pharmacy Drive Thru Trick-or-Treat
- Hometown Pharmacy in Waterloo
- October 30 from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Visitors are encouraged to dress up and decorate their vehicles. Put your costume on, pull up, and let the Riverwalk Senior Living staff fill your bag with treats!
Traxler Trunk Or Treat
- Traxler Park in Janesville
- October 18 starting at from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m.
- Families can drive their cars through the Traxler Loop for their children to trick-or-treat for candy and other novelties while remaining in their vehicles.
- Outside the Chamber office in River Falls
- October 31 from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Bring friends and family for a drive down Maple Street where a bag of candy will be delivered to each child in the vehicle. The number of bags will be limited to the first 500 children.
Tunnel of Terror
- Scrub a Dub carwash in West Bend
- October 1-31 starting at 7:00 a.m.
- Cost of a carwash
- Arrive during the day for a more family friendly experience or come during the evening hours for a scary BLACK LIGHT ILLUMINATED entrance followed by the rest of your experience in complete darkness thru our tunnel of terror!
Twilight at Traxler
- Traxler Park in Janesville
- October 14-17 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Free, donations welcome
- Drive around the loop in Traxler Park to see the shining lights, inflatables, and scenes as they drive through this magical fall event.
Uncle Larry's Tunnel of Terror
- Uncle Larry's Car Wash in Hartford
- October 24 from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- $20 per vehicle | Members are free
- Get treats for the kids and scares and screams for all to enjoy.