Wehr Nature Center
9701 W College Avenue, Franklin, WI 53132 (directions)
Best suited for families with children ages 4-10 years
A 35-year Tradition of Celebrating Halloween the Natural Way
Halloween Haunts combines the make-believe, spooky fun of Halloween with the beauty of nighttime nature to create a fun event for the whole family. For three nights each year, Wehr's woodland is transformed into an Enchanted Forest complete with a cackling witch, a talking owl, and even some rapping arthropods. Visitors are amazed by the over three hundred Jack-o-lanterns that light the path through the forest. The walk is just spooky enough to keep kids on their toes, but is designed to create chuckles and smiles, not nightmares.
- NEW! Snap some family photos at our selfie spot
- Enjoy a magic show after your walk
- Donate to our virtual food drive
Get Your Tickets Early or You Don't Have a Ghost of a Chance!
- This event is best suited for families with children ages 4-10 years. You may be asked to leave the walk if your child’s behavior is disruptive and/or unsafe during the hike.
- Adults and children of all ages need a ticket to enter the event. Babies/children in carriers/backpacks are free.
- There should be at least one adult for every five children in your group.
- The walk will last approximately 40 minutes and will follow woodchip and boardwalk trails. Some parts of the path are uneven and require stair climbing.
Hikes start between 6-8:30 pm
- Your ticket is for a specific hike start time. Hikes begin every 7 minutes between 6 and 8:30 pm.
- Please arrive at Wehr 15 minutes prior to your scheduled walk time. We do not guarantee you a hike if you arrive late.
- This event occurs rain or shine. There will be no refunds due to inclement weather.
- Ticket receipt must be presented at check-in; bring a printed copy or be ready to display it on your phone.
- You will be checking in from your vehicle as you enter the Nature Center parking lot. Please plan so that all members of your group arrive at the same time. If this is not possible, please provide a copy of your confirmation receipt to members of your group that will arrive separately.
Advance tickets are required.
$14 per person
$12 for Friends of Wehr members
$5 parking for non-members
Wehr Nature Center
42.930200 / -88.034700
Sept. 24, 2023, 8 p.m.
September 29 - October 28
The Hill Has Eyes: 45 Acres & 60 Minutes of Sheer Terror – Dare to escape Wisconsin’s top outdoor haunted trails. Test your courage through four gruesome outdoor attractions, all for the price of one: • First, you’ll enter Failed Escape. Walking amongst a society of mutant hillbillies formed from …
Haunted Attraction, Haunted House, Haunted Maze, ...
October 1 - October 29
Visit us on Sunday's for our Not So Scary Halloween Party. Ideal for kids and families who want to experience The Hill Has Eyes attractions when its not so scary. Our actors will take you on a guided tour through the attractions and kids will get to Trick or Treat …
Family Friendly, Kid Friendly Haunt, Trick-or-Treat/Trunk-or-Treat
October 6 - October 28
OVER 60 ACRES OF PURE TERROR!!! Are you ready to embark on a spine-chilling journey through our Scary Haunted Trail? Prepare yourself for a night of frights, screams, and heart-pounding thrills. As the trees whisper with ghostly secrets and shadows dance with sinister delight, you'll find yourself engulfed in a …
Haunted Attraction, Haunted House, Haunted Trail